The Deck of Disgrace
When future historians look at the year 2020, they’ll wonder why one of the most obviously unfit Presidents in history wasn’t removed from office after being impeached. He could have been removed before mishandling the worst pandemic in a century; before overseeing America’s economic collapse; before doubling down on the suffering and conflict that will forever mark his administration’s legacy. But 52 senators voted to acquit.
For those 52 disgraceful Republican senators, the evidence didn’t matter. All that mattered was political loyalty and pursuit of their right-wing agenda, doling out tax breaks to the wealthy and dismantling our country’s legal protections for the environment, minorities, immigrants and working people. Even as they voted to acquit this dangerous imbecile, they knew Donald Trump behaved like an inarticulate bully, a compulsive liar, a con-man, a racist, a misogynist and a malignant narcissist. They knew his disbelief in science and experts was matched only by his unwavering and misplaced confidence in his own ungrounded and usually irrational instincts and hunches. The Senate Impeachment Manager presciently warned, “You can’t trust this president to do what’s right for this country. He will do what’s right for Donald Trump.”
Then, when the country was faced with the COVID-19 crisis, Trump did exactly what had been predicted – putting his own personal and political interests first, downplaying the danger of the virus and ignoring scientists instead of taking decisive and preventive action. Epidemiologists say that if the U.S. had shut down two weeks earlier, up to 90% of the deaths could have been prevented. Yet Trump refused to take responsibility for his disastrous handling of the situation, and instead engaged only in self-congratulatory praise and feeble attempts to blame others for his administration’s shortcomings.
It’s up to us to make a change. You must vote Donald Trump out of office in 2020, along with these 52 disgraceful Republican senators whenever they come up for reelection.
Below is a download link for the Articles of Impeachment.
Read it, and decide for yourself how history should judge these politicians.
Does Donald Trump Have Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5, 2013) indicates that a person with NPD possesses at least five of the following nine criteria:
- Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
- Continually demeaning, bullying and belittling others
- Exploiting others to achieve personal gain
- Lack of empathy for the negative impact they have on the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
- Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
- Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
- Need for continual admiration from others
- Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
- Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
© Deck of Disgrace 2020